Why: Retirement planning is important whether you are a new employee, in the middle of your career, or getting ready to retire.
In a continuing effort to provide our members with important career and life planning information, the Omaha Area Local will be hosting a retirement seminar with two sessions.
Who can attend: members, retirees, spouses, and significant others are welcome to attend.
When: Sunday, June 26, 2022
Where: Omaha Firefighters Hall, 6005 Grover Street, Omaha, NE 68106
There are two sessions scheduled as follows:
First seminar: 8 am to noon
Second seminar: 1 pm to 5 pm
You only need to attend one of the two sessions. The content and presentation are the same in each session.
What will be covered:
- The Postal Reform Act of 2022 How the new law impacts current and future retirees. How Medicare A and Medicare B work with health insurance plans.
- Medicare How it works and what you should consider taking in combination with your FEHB plan.
- CSRS Pension amounts, social security implications, survivor benefits.
- FERS Pension amounts, benefit computation, survivor benefits.
- FERS Social Security Supplement What you need to know about this great benefit.
- FEGLI Understanding your life insurance, are you paying too much? Is FEGLI worth it?
- Health Insurance How to maintain coverage for you and your spouse in retirement and the costs.
- Thrift Savings Plan Changes in your options to invest and access your TSP money in retirement.
- Military time Should you buy your military time and, if so, how to do it?
- Newer employees What to sign up for when becoming a career employee and why the Thrift Savings plan is critical to your retirement.
Cost: This seminar is FREE for all members.
Who is presenting: Cindy Lundquist is again presenting the seminar. Cindy has an incredible amount of experience, having presented at over 1,000 seminars, at the White House, for DEA, US Marshals, at military bases, etc...
Cindy has presented multiple seminars hosted by the Omaha Area Local. Her presentation is always interactive and involves the members covering retirement scenarios, including questions.
Cindy Lundquist is not affiliated with the APWU. There is no sales pitch and nothing is being sold. Cindy only provides benefit and retirement information.
The seminar is an opportunity to gain valuable information and have questions answered about retirement.
Accommodations: Interpreters will be available for deaf or hard-of-hearing members. Please email email@example.com at least two weeks prior to the seminar if you are attending and require any type of accommodation. There will be free parking for all who attend.
Who cannot attend: Non-members will not be allowed to attend.