Retirement planning is important whether you are a new employee, in the middle of your career, or getting ready to retire.
In a continuing effort to provide our members with important career and life planning information, the Omaha Area Local will be hosting two retirement seminars on Sunday, November 18, 2018, at the Hilton Omaha, 1001 Cass Street (across from the Quest Center).
The seminars are scheduled as follows:
First seminar: 8 am to noon
Second seminar: 1 pm to 5 pm
These seminars are FREE to all members.
Coffee will be available for the morning session.
There will be free parking for all who attend.
Cindy Lundquist is again presenting the seminar. Cindy has an incredible amount of experience, having presented at over 1,000 seminars, at the White House, for DEA, US Marshals, at military bases, etc...
Cindy has presented in the last two seminars hosted by the Omaha Area Local. Her presentation is always interactive and involves the members, covering retirement scenarios, including questions.
The following is a list of issues that you can expect to be covered in the seminar:
- Newer employees - what to sign up for when becoming career and why the Thrift Savings plan is critical to your retirement
- Medicare -how it works and what you should consider taking in combination with your FEHB plan
- CSRS- Pension amounts, social security implications, survivor benefits
- FERS - Pension amounts, benefit computation, survivor benefits
- FERS Social Security Supplement - What you need to know about this great benefit
- FEGLI- understanding your life insurance, are you paying too much?
- Health Insurance - How to maintain coverage for you and your spouse in retirement and the costs.
- Thrift Savings Plan - changes in your options to access your TSP money in retirement
- Military time - should you buy your military time and if so how to do it?
Cindy Lundquist is not affiliated with the APWU. There is no sales pitch and nothing is being sold. Cindy only provides benefit and retirement information.
The seminar is an opportunity to gain valuable information and have questions answered about retirement.
Spouses and significant others are welcome to attend.
Interpreters will be available for deaf or hard of hearing members.