In a continuing effort to provide our members with important career and life planning information, the Omaha Area Local will be hosting a retirement seminar with two sessions.
Why: Retirement planning is important, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A NEW/NEWER EMPLOYEE, in the middle of your career, or getting ready to retire.
Who can attend: members, retirees, spouses, and significant others are welcome to attend.
There is no registration for this event!
When: Sunday, October 1, 2023
Where: Omaha Firefighters Hall, 6005 Grover Street, Omaha, NE 68106
There are two sessions scheduled as follows:
First seminar: 8 am to noon
Second seminar: 1 pm to 5 pm
You only need to attend one of the two sessions. The content and presentation are the same in each session. Cindy will be available after each session to answer questions.
What will be covered:
- Newer employees What to sign up for when becoming a career employee and why and how you invest in the Thrift Savings plan is CRITICAL to your retirement.
- The Postal Reform Act of 2022 How the new law impacts current and future retirees. How Medicare A and Medicare B work with health insurance plans.
- Medicare How it works and what you should consider taking in combination with your FEHB plan.
- CSRS Pension amounts, social security implications, survivor benefits.
- FERS Pension amounts, benefit computation, survivor benefits.
- FERS Social Security Supplement What you need to know about this great benefit.
- FEGLI Understanding your life insurance, are you paying too much? Is FEGLI worth it?
- Health Insurance How to maintain coverage for you and your spouse in retirement and the costs.
- Thrift Savings Plan Updates on TSP options to invest and access your TSP money in retirement.
- Military time Should you buy your military time and, if so, how to do it?
Cost: This seminar is FREE for all members.
Who is presenting: Cindy Lundquist is again presenting the seminar. Cindy has an incredible amount of experience, having presented at over 1,000 seminars, at the White House, for DEA, US Marshals, at military bases, etc...
Cindy has presented multiple seminars hosted by the Omaha Area Local. Her presentation is always interactive and involves the members covering retirement scenarios, including questions.
Cindy Lundquist is not affiliated with the APWU. There is no sales pitch and nothing is being sold. She only provides benefits and retirement information.
The seminar is an opportunity to gain valuable information and answer your questions about preparing for and taking retirement.
Accommodations: Interpreters will be available for deaf or hard-of-hearing members. Please email email@example.com at least two weeks prior to the seminar if you are attending and require any type of accommodation. There will be free parking for all who attend.
Who cannot attend: Non-members will not be allowed to attend.
Questions about the seminar? Email firstname.lastname@example.org